Sunday, January 21, 2018

New Colonial sort of not

Not even going to attempt to post an updated picture of the design, as I have to start over.  I realized I was doing the post completely wrong.  I tried to make it work, but I want to do it right, so back to the scratch pad.  I am going to try to use the newest version of Sketchup Make, the one that is on the browser, and see if that is any better.  It might be easier as I might have better access to the warehouse, so I won't have to construct all the materials myself.  This will be especially useful when it comes to the post ties, as I am using concrete pylons with 6x6 post above the grade.

I thought I was making good progress, and then the whole thing just dawned on me that it was all impossible to accomplish the way I was doing it.  It is not that big of a deal, but it does set me back some, and I won't be posting any new pictures any time soon as the detail work is definitely far more detail than I like to do, so I do so in small burst.

I will try to post some in the next week or so, but I don't make any promises, as I never know what else is going to come up.

Translate